The awards for the Midget division from last season were announced today at the annual Starbowl in Langley. This year they are as follows:
- MVP: Eathan Schultz – Nanaimo Redmen
- Offense: Reagan Doucette – Langley Stampeders
- Defense: Brock Gowanlock – Cowichan Bulldogs
- Offensive Line: Nolan Ott – Surrey Bears
- Defensive Line: Chris Swartz – Langley Stampeders
Every year in February the VMFL holds it’s annual AGM where the current executive members wrap up their year and an election is held to wave in the new executive members.
For the 2014 year Valder Belgrave will return for his second year as President of the VMFL. Other returning members include Mel Beaton (Vice President), Doug Pauls (Director) and Shane Thompson (Director).
New to the executive will be Coquitlam President Paul Lancaster (Director) and Gordan Francis (Director). Two other names were submitted with written letters of agreement to stand and were nominated and they will be added next executive meeting.
As well the past executive hands out last years awards and scholarships including the following:
- Builder Award (for long time contribution to community football) – Joe Connelly, North Surrey Minor Football
- Coach of the Year – Sean Roden, Football Nanaimo and Team BC U16
- Midget Scholarship – Gurjot Bain, Langley
- Bantam Scholarship – Charlie Moore, South Delta
- Cheer Scholarship – Lena Downey, North Delta