Who We Are
Welcome to the Official Site of the Vancouver Mainland Football League. Our league consists of 16 community football associations from around the lower mainland of British Columbia as well as Vancouver Island, all offering football and cheerleading programs that can range from age 5 to 18.
In the lower mainland we have associations located in Vancouver, North and West Vancouver, Coquitlam, Richmond, Delta, Surrey, Langley, New West and White Rock. As well we have Vancouver Island locations of Victoria, Duncan and Nanaimo also participating in the VMFL.Vancouver Mainland Football Association. Our league consists of 16 community football associations from around the lower mainland of British Columbia as well as Vancouver Island, all offering football and cheerleading programs that can range from age 5 to 18.
The number of teams and divisions in each association vary from year to year but they can include Atom, PeeWee, Junior Bantam, Bantam and Midget divisions in tackle football as well as Flag football for the little guys and girls. We offer both 9-man and 12 man football divisions that run from July through to December as well as a Spring Flag Football league that operates in May and June consisting of U10, U12, U14, U16 and U19 levels.
The VMFL we are bound to the rules covered in the Canadian Amateur Rulebook as well as a set of VMFL specific rules. We are governed by and a member of the BCCFA (BC Community Football Association) which falls under the provincial operating body of Football BC. Currently the VMFL is run by an executive consisting of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and several Directors.
To foster and promote Minor Football in conjunction with our Member Associations with the emphasis on participation and competition.
1. Having as many associations, teams and participants in all divisions as we have resources available.
2. To be competitive while at the same time having the participants enjoy football and learn team spirit through a league structure.
3. To operate the annual football program with a balanced budget including a $5,000 scholarship contingency fund.
4. To promote Community Football through our affiliation with B C Community Football and Football B C.
5. To coordinate annually the VMFL League Schedule, the VMFL Championship Schedule and the VMFL Cheerleading Competition.
Team – Social – Cooperative
Aspirations Of Youth
Guiding Principles Of The VMFL And Member Associations:
- To provide and promote Minor Football, through our Member Associations, to youths ages 6 -18.
- To provide youth the opportunity to play football to their capabilities.
- To provide youth the opportunity to play contact football at the competitive level
- To ensure that our program is enjoyable and safe for all participants.
- To ensure an educational process for the learning and development of team concepts, community spirit and good sportsmanship are entrenched in our program.
- To provide youth the opportunity to appreciate the game of football, enjoy recreational sport and learn the fundamentals of the game.
- To give the opportunity for players, coaches and officials to develop their skill sets through proper certification programs.
- To ensure safety equipment is utilized properly and adequate playing fields for practice and games are made available.
For a list of current 2014 VMFL Executive Members and their contact information go here.
For a list of all the VMFL Associations, executive, contact information and what divisions they play in go here.
Here is this year’s message from the VMFL President for 2013
See what football is doing to make your childs game as safe as it ever has been. Things have changed a lot in how football is organized, run and played so click here to see what the VMFL does to play it safe.